Tuesday 6 September 2011

Listography: Things I did this Winter!

I know Kate, I changed the season. But I love your lists and I didn't want to miss out this week just because I live on the other side of the world, in another hemisphere. So I am taking it upon myself to change the list's rules slightly when specific situations like this come up. I hope you don't mind. If you do, I promise to never do it again, but I can't promise it will be without pouting!

So, this winter. Mmmm, let me think, what did I do?

1. We renovated the house. You can read about it here, here and here. I am absolutely in love with my new space. I wouldn't recommend renovating in winter. Using a cordless drill with two pairs of gloves on and shivering at the same time isn't easy. And if you hammer your thumb instead of a nail it REALLY HURTS.

2. I started a second job baking cakes for a friend who owns a gallery. I baked a lemon frosted pistachio cake last week and I have to say, it looked pretty bloody marvellous. Unfortunately, I forgot to take my camera to take a pic so I can't show you. The downside to this job is that it has created some whinging from Mr. H. He feels tortured by the number of cakes being produced that aren't for him. I told him he can go to the gallery and buy a slice - they are worth it!

3. Met my new niece. She is so beautiful, and I can't wait to head up to New South Wales (NSW) to see her again.

4. I started blogging, and I love it. I am definitely still learning. I'm not very technologically minded and there is still a lot I want to do to my blog. I want to give it a facelift to start with. I am open to constructive criticism if you have any tips for improvement.

5. Generally, hung out with friends, drinking copious amounts of tea while trying to keep warm.

So there you have it. What did you get up to last season, depending on where you live in the world? Head over to Kate Takes 5 to see what everyone else did.

2 comments:

  1. Hello! from the wet U.K :) I love to bake too (baking some Hummingbird Bakery cupcakes today).You should join Blogger Ed forums they offer lots of help for newbie bloggers and join Twitter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh *jealous face* you are about to start summer, while I am getting my jumpers out.
    Sounds like you've had a lovely time, especially like the sound of the cake.
    I think the whole 'how your blog looks is very personal' sort of personal reflection - love the photo at the top and the description of you. Only thing I'd say is the type seemed very small - but maybe I am too old and need glasses. Keep blogging - you have a great style

    ReplyDelete

Commenting instantly increases your awesomeness!Thank you. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...