Monday 3 October 2011

Am I losing it?

When I was pregnant with The Squeeze, my Mum warned me: "You lose your mind and, you never get it back." Little did I know....

There are days where I feel I have completely lost my mind. I forget what I was setting out to do minutes after setting out to do it. It seems like I frequently lose track of what I was talking about mid sentence, and who I've told what to who. Don't you just love that smiling, pitying look people give you when you repeat a story? And then there's the sugar in the fridge and the milk in the cupboard, but we've all done that, haven't we?

What's more, Mr. H is convinced I need a hearing test. He is not convinced one can have such selective hearing. Ahh Mr. H, it is true. One can. It works brilliantly on husbands. Unfortunately it's useless on children.

Mr. H can't talk. He admits to having a bad memory. Yet this is his excuse: "No you haven't told me, I would have remembered. You just think you've told me when really, you haven't."

But, maybe, just maybe, Mr. H is right? On the odd, small occasion? Say, about one percent of the time? Of course not. See? I haven't completely lost the plot!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenting instantly increases your awesomeness!Thank you. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...