Saturday 15 October 2011

Chaos and Macarons

I know, it's been a while. I have been on a bit of a hiatus. But I'm back now so you can all stop hyperventilating into your little brown paper bags, and put your valium away.

It has been tricky finding time to blog over the last couple of weeks and, truthfully, the grey matter has been a bit sluggish when it comes to making me sound super intelligent and interesting to the world. Because, you know I am!

School went back this week (thank goodness!), so there is a lot less sibling bickering and slightly less "Muuuuum!" every ten minutes. I am going to adopt Mrs. Woog's "Masters in Manipulation" next holidays. It's a brilliant concept and worth trying.


The downside is we're back to the morning mad rush and I can't sleep in. Every morning I sound like a broken down record, and then I end up yelling. Plans to walk to school are thrown out the window as we pile into the car and screech out the driveway.  I then get home feeling flustered, and guilty for not being more patient. I'm sure the girls think I'm a dragon disguised as a mother-like figure.

On a lighter note, I am mastering the art of macarons thanks to Donna Hay. I picked up her 10th Birthday issue of her mag and there is a whole section on how to make macarons. Adriano Zumbo, eat your heart out!

The cake on the cover had no influence whatsoever on me buying the magazine.

Stay tuned for the results of my efforts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenting instantly increases your awesomeness!Thank you. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...