Oooo Kate Takes 5 is challenging us again this week to open up and bare all. Guilty pleasures, I have a few of those. But let's face it, don't we all deserve to indulge ourselves periodically? I need to indulge myself in certain pleasureables, otherwise I become quite unpleasureable! So let me pleasure you by sharing my guilty pleasures.
1. Chocolate. Dark chocolate to be specific. I have been a chocoholic since I can remember. I once vowed to myself on New Year that I would go twelve months without chocolate (and anything chocolate flavoured) just so I could prove to myself I could do it. I did it. I didn't enjoy it but I did it.
2. Shoes. I LOVE gorgeous, pretty shoes, new or vintage. I don't own a ridiculous amount of pairs of shoes, but when I buy a pair, it's a splurge. Earlier this year, a friend of mine asked me if I could help her list some vintage shoes on Ebay.
Friend: "I have these red, Ferragamo wedges that used to belong to my grand-mother. I thought I'd sell them on Ebay."
Me: "What size?"
A look of absolute excitement takes over my face, and I check my balance by holding onto Friend's arm.
Me: "Bugger Ebay, I'll buy them from you."
Friend: "Oh no, I'll give them to you. You don't have to buy them from me."
Again, I recheck my balance. But I try to insist on some sort of payment.
Me: "Really, I'll pay you for them. You were going to sell them on Ebay. I don't want to ruin that."
Friend: "No, seriously, you can have them. I insist.
Me: "Thank you sooooo much!"
I then skip off with glee. A few days later, friend gives me said shoes. They fit perfectly and they are gorgeous. I give Friend a tiger print, high heeled shoe made entirely of chocolate!
3. Sleep. I mentioned in last week's Listography that I don't handle tiredness very well, so any chance to stay in bed a wee longer is a treat.
4. Having the house completely to myself for any number of hours. I do love Mr. H, The Squeeze, and The Bear, but ahhhhh, a few moments peace is always bliss. I think you would all agree?
5. This last one is a bit deep and may sound a bit egotistical. Loving myself, and feeling worthy and deserving of all I am and have, and all I aspire to be. It was a long journey to achieve this sense of security and conviction, so I own it and I flaunt it with glee.
Whatever your guilty pleasures are, own them. You deserve them, guilt free. Pop over to Kate Takes 5 to indulge in other people's guilty pleasures.